Editorial assistant (part time volunteer)
- 2 days per week, hours flexible
- Three-month voluntary position
Are you looking to break into magazine publishing? We require an editorial assistant to work on our environmental publications.
We are looking for someone who has been educated to degree level, with an eye for detail and an engaging writing style. Some experience in journalism or the publishing industry would be useful, but is not essential. This is an exciting opportunity for a person who loves writing, and who is also passionate about environmental issues.
Duties include writing news stories, copy chasing, research, feature writing, proofreading and website editing. An excellent communicator and team player, you will be comfortable working with the rest of the fast-paced editorial team at Resource Media.
- Some experience in journalism or the publishing industry is useful but not essential
- Educated to degree level
- Quick learner, able to understand key requirements for a story
- Excellent eye for detail, able to spot typos and errors when proofreading and website editing
- Great writing style
- Naturally curious-minded and able to proactively research around stories and articles
- Able to knit a narrative together from disparate and complex elements
- A keen interest in environmental affairs
- Desire to pursue a career in writing or publishing
- A can-do attitude, creative problem-solving skills, and comfortable taking the initiative
- A great team player, able to work well with a multi-disciplinary team of editors, developers, designers and account managers
- A strong work ethic, taking pride, ownership and accountability for all work
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and (ideally) some content management systems
Everyone at Resource Media enjoys:
- All the tea you can drink
- A special place to work: a colourful, upcycled, recycled, open plan office on Bristol’s buzzing harbourside
- Immersion in the centre of the thriving Bristol environmental community
- A flexible and supportive atmosphere, which prioritises team happiness and health
- Christmas and summer parties
- Monthly breakfast meetings fuelled by sweet treats provided by team members on rotation
- Christmas closure
Please send your CV and covering letter as well as any examples of your work to email@example.com, or by mail to Resource Media, Create Centre, Smeaton Road, Bristol, BS1 6XN.